Federal Disaster Loans for Homeowners, Renters and Businesses of All Sizes
GETTING DISASTER HELP FROM SBA
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• If you are a homeowner or renter,FEMA may refer you to SBA. SBA disaster loans are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs not fully covered by insurance or other compensation.
• SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private, non-profit organizations.
• Homeowners may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence.
• Homeowners and renters may borrow up to $40,000 to replace personal property.
• Businesses may borrow up to $2 million for any combination of property damage or economic injury.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
• Begin by registering with FEMA, if you haven’t already done so, call (800) 621-3362.
•Homeowners and renters should submit their SBA disaster loan application, even if they are not sure if they will need or want a loan. If SBA cannot approve your application, in most cases they refer you to FEMA’s Other Needs Assistance (ONA) program for possible additional assistance.
• Apply in person at any Disaster Recovery Center and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative. For information or to find a location near you, call SBA at (800) 659-2955, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our web site at: http://www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistanceand “Click here for information on SBA’s Disaster Recovery Centers.” Hearing impaired individuals may call (800) 877-8339